Dear Friend of the Ritz:
As people watch stories come to life on the stage, a marvelous bond forms between audience members and with performers in the theatre. This communal experience helps people of all kinds forge positive connections to one another and escape the stresses of day-to-day life. In a world seemingly filled with endless division and strife, these kinds of opportunities are more valuable than ever.
Small, intimate theatres provide the opportunity for audience members to be close to the action. Professionally designed sets, lights and costumes, imagined and created on site by talented artisans, grace the stage and highlight the beautifully crafted stories and acting. Paired with extraordinary learning opportunities for kids and young professionals, these kinds of live performance experiences are rare, worth sharing and, especially in an increasingly digital world, worth preserving for future generations.
As the year closes, we humbly ask for your support to fund the upcoming 34th Season of The Ritz Theatre Company and the work of our talented artists, designers and stage technicians. It is the community of givers who keep us doing the work we do each year. Approximately 70% of Ritz Theatre Company’s income comes from ticket/concession sales, which means we need to raise 30% annually to operate in the black. Will you consider a tax-deductible gift to help us continue our artistic work in Southern New Jersey?
Last year, over 40,000 people saw shows at the Ritz thanks to the support of so many subscribers, individuals, corporations, foundations and government agencies. We are a year-round performance venue and the creative work of producing the 2018 Mainstage Season is about to begin. We can’t wait to see you again. Wishing you and yours a beautiful holiday season!
YOUR GIFTS MAKE SO MUCH POSSIBLE
The The Ritz Theatre Company enhances and inspires lives through professional theatre and learning opportunities. We actively work to cultivate new audiences and inspire passion for the performing arts.
2017 Needs of The Ritz
- Our van needs repairs estimated at $2,700 to take theatre education on the road
- Upgraded lighting in auditorium and LED lightbulbs
- New PC’s for offices with video and sound capability
- Various tools and materials to help us build sets, store supplies and make repairs around the theatre; such as:
- Table saw (we have one, but have to hit the blade with a stick to make it spin!)
- Screw guns & impact drivers
- Pneumatic nail guns & staplers
- Storage bins
- Electrical supplies
Thanks to generous donors in 2016, the Ritz:
- Extensively upgraded & restored our marquee thanks to a Camden County Historic Preservation grant
- Converted from oil heat to gas and added 5 air conditioning units thanks to a Camden County Historic Preservation grant
- Worked with lyricist and playwright Matthew Norcross to produce Forever In Oz in concert, a new musical
- Produced 6 excellent Mainstage shows, 8 interactive children’s shows, one season warmer, 2 Camp Shows, 2 Youth Productions; totaling 138 performances which played to 40,000 audience members
- Offered discounted performances which helped make theatre more affordable for families and students
- Employed 222 creative industry professionals and 24 college-age actor and technical apprentices
- Introduced 2,086 kids to theatre through outreach programming and played to 8,000 children
- Partnered with Jefferson University to produce Pop Up Shakespeare in their Philadelphia Courtyard
- Held our 32nd Ritz Kidz Performing Arts Camp
- Awarded tuition assistance for children to participate in theatre arts activities
- Held staged readings and independent plays at our June Festival, performed on an intimate Black Box stage
- Constructed hundreds of costumes, props and set pieces which bring productions to life on the stage
There are several ways to give a tax-deductible donation now, including:
- Donate online- Click here to make a direct donation to The Ritz
- Mail a check to: The Ritz Theatre Company ● 915 White Horse Pike ● Haddon Township, NJ ● 08107