The Ritz Theatre Company is an EOE/AA employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Currently Seeking – Technical Director/Carpenter
Reports to the Production Manager. This is a full-time position. The responsibilities are as follows:
- Acquire working drawings from Set Designer.
- Work with design house or shop and take the lead on building to make sure that all sets are ready to be installed by the installation date.
- Maintain theatrical equipment.
- Assist with designs and preparing the space for the set.
- Guide productions from a technical standpoint.
- Have an active knowledge of all set pieces and materials located in the warehouse.
- Keep the warehouse clean and a safe environment to work in.
- Use the working drawings when provided, or other design materials, to build necessary set pieces.
- Paint all necessary set pieces with the help of the Production Manager and/or the Scenic Artist.
- Finish all building by installation date.
- Take the lead with the load-in and load-out of all sets (supported by the Production Manager and over-hire).
- Flexible hours required (evening and day hours as needed); must be available for all tech week evenings (week before opening).
- Design opportunities available.
- Salary negotiable.
To learn more or to apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Production Manager Matthew Weil at firstname.lastname@example.org.