The Ritz Theatre Company is an EOE/AA employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Currently Seeking- Technical Director/Carpenter
Reports to the Production Manager. This is a Full time position. The responsibilities are as follows.
- Acquire working drawings from Designer
- Works with design house or shop and takes the lead on building to make sure that all Sets are ready to be installed by the installation date.
- Maintains Theatrical Equipment.
- Assist with designs and preparing the space for the set
- Guides the productions from a technical standpoint
- Have an active knowledge of all set pieces and materials located in the warehouse.
- Keep the warehouse clean and a safe to work in.
- Use the working drawings when provided, or other design materials, to build necessary set pieces.
- Paint all necessary set pieces with the help of the Production Manager and/or a Scenic Artist
- Finish all building by install Date.
- Take the lead with the load in and load out of all sets. Supported by the Production Manager and over hire.
- Flexible hours needed – evening and day hours as needed – Must be available for all tech weeks evenings (week before opening)
- Design Opportunities
- Salary Negotiable
Anything else deemed necessary by the Production Manager.
To learn more or to apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Producing Artistic Director Bruce Curless at firstname.lastname@example.org