Feb 4, 2020
The Ritz Theatre Company Announces 2nd Annual 10-Minute Comedy Play Festival!
The Ritz Theatre Company is currently seeking 10-minute plays for their second annual 10 Minute Comedy Play Festival.
Entries must be postmarked no later than March 25, 2020. Email submissions must arrive before midnight April 1, 2020. Selected plays will be performed on the evening of Friday, June 5 and once in the afternoon on Saturday, June 6, 2020. Winning plays and audience favorites will be performed again on the evening of June 6.
The Ritz Theatre Company serves a diverse and vibrant community. Therefore, we encourage people of any race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation to submit their plays.
Winners will be chosen by a panel of theatre professionals. The 2020 winners will receive the following awards: 1st Place – $100, 2nd Place – $75, and 3rd Place – $50.
- There is a $10 entry fee which must be submitted for each entry. If you are sending by mail, checks should be payable to “The Ritz Theatre Company.”
- If you are submitting by email, send the $10 fee to https://paypal.me/ritztheatreco.
- Microsoft Word or PDF files only.
- Plays can be on any subject or theme, but must be comedic. No musicals or plays for children.
- Your script should be 12 pages or fewer with a production time of no more than 10 minutes.
- The play should be in standard format with pages numbered. Your name and contact information should be only on the first page.
- We expect your play to be original and unpublished. There is a limit of ONE play submitted by each playwright.
- If you want us to return a mailed script, enclose a SASE.
- You greatly increase the chances of production if your play has minimal set, costume, and prop requirements. It is also recommended that cast size be limited to no more than 5 actors.
We will let you know before the Festival if your play has been selected. Submitting your play to our contest grants The Ritz Theatre Company the right to produce your play in our comedy festival and photograph and/or videotape it for archival purposes, if it is chosen as a finalist.
Mail entries to:
10 Minute Comedy Play Festival
915 Whitehorse Pike
Haddon Township, NJ, 08107
Email entries and questions to: